On April 15, 1949 Most Worshipful Grand Master Wilfred T. Vase; Very Worshipful Edward Peterson, Secretary, Past Grand Master C.A. Carlson, Jr., Past Grand Master Paul Maloney; Brothers Homer Holloway and Oliver Thomas visited Bro. Ray Marks at his office at 43 Sierra St. Reno, NV. and advised he would grant authority to establish Mt. Rose Lodge, Under Dispensation. Our petition was submitted too late for the granting of a charter in 1949, but on June 09, 1950 the Grand Lodge voted to give Mt. Rose a Charter and that hereafter it would be known as Mt. Rose Lodge No. 40. At that time we had grown to 115 members, all who became charter members. On June 26, 1950, Mt. Rose Lodge received its chater from the Grand Lodge.

The officers named in the Charter were:

  • Oliver A. Thomas, WM
  • H. Hamer Holloway, SW
  • Russell H. Clopine, JW
  • Ray Marks, Treasure
  • Willard E. Dunning, Secretary
  • Paul S. Garwood, SD
  • Edward L. Pine, JD
  • Hans J. Schnitter, Chaplin